Amber Topaz has razzle dazzled her way to international stardom by enchanting her audiences with her hip shaking boundless energy, stunning vocals & saucy comedy shenanigans.
Career highlights include:
- Winning the Alternative Eurovision at the Underbelly Festival 2017 Representing Ireland
- Being crowned the ‘Bohemian Queen of Burlesque’ at The Bohemian Burlesque Festival 2016
- Hanging in the National Portrait Gallery in David Bailey’s ‘Stardust’ Exhibition
- Headlining act at The Burlesque Ball at the Showzam Festival 2012 at the historic Blackpool Tower Ballroom
- Sir Terrence Conrans 80th Birthday surprise, who’s guests included fashion icons Mary Quant & director Michael Winner
- Guest artist with Italian band ‘Montefiori Cocktail’ at the Istanbul ‘Chill Out’ festival
- Filming drama ‘The Pigalle’ in Paris
- Performing at The Royal Festival Hall for Andrea Stuart, the author of ‘Showgirls’
- Working her magic for the BRITS after-party and the Rotterdam Film Festival & Kaliningrad Jazz Festival, Russia.
- Photographed by David Bailey in association with Nokia for the ‘Alive at Night’ Exhibition
- Appeared on Heston Blumenthal’s ‘Heston’s Gothic Horror Feast‘ on Channel 4
- The first to artist to perform burlesque inspired cabaret in Morocco at the ‘Lotus Club’
- Launching the Citroen Pinko Car in Rome.
- Became a publish singer/songwriter with a ‘Purrfect Tease’ co-written and produced Montefiori Cocktail, EMI Italy.
- Represented Britain in ‘Miss Exotic World Burlesque Hall of Fame’ in Las Vegas 2008
- Shining at the ‘Margate Theatre Royal’ Saucy Seaside Show which won the ‘Canterbury Prize Award for bringing diversity to Margate’
- Shaked her shimmy at ‘The Slipper Room’ & ‘Duane Park’, New York
- And literally sauced it up for thousands headlining the national tour of ‘An Evening of Burlesque’ since it started in May 2010
The Making Of…
As a child Amber became a full time dance student with a dedicated 19 hours a week after school & weekends, training daily in classical Ballet, Tap & modern dance. Debuting her singing skills live on stage at 12 years old in a talent competition on holiday. The entertainment team was so impress they asked her to be in their finale show. This gave her a taste for the lime light.
Moving to London from Yorkshire after being accepted in to performing arts college ‘The London Studio Centre’ on her natural singing voice. Once graduating like so many performers became a professional auditione. Occasionally landing a wonderful role in a Musical theatre production including London’s westend. The inconsistency of work lead her to create her own opportunities writing songs and comedy. She really came in to her own when she discovered Burlesque as she could utilize all her talents whipping Theatrical storm.
Also a successful producer has created the following Cabaret extravaganzas:
‘Sauce’ – Nominated for a London Cabaret Award 2012.
‘Silver Scene Burlesque’ **** ‘Wonderful Voice’, ‘Hot,Steamy,Beautiful, Artistic choreography. Remotegoat.com
‘Night Creatures’ Time Out critics choice **** Remotegoat.com
Sell out one woman show ‘The Mile High Club’. Other successful production & club nights have been ‘She’s ain’t no Lady’ & ‘Varietease’, ‘WTF Knockout Cabaret’ & Oh La Luscious’ at the Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club in association with Lady Luck which made it into Guardian guide top five club nights.
Endlessly creative there are many more wonderful productions in the pipeline. Watch this Space!